Saturday, September 28, 2013

Adele Norah

Well it's been two weeks since we welcomed this little beauty into the world.

 (Photo credit: Alana Atyeo)

There have been ups and downs, crazy emotions flying about, and some 6 hour straight sleep nights and some 4 hour straight awake nights.


I still have no idea how people successfully make plans and schedule their baby, as it seems I always have somewhere to be right around the next feeding time and am unable to feed. I also have no idea how people successfully make plans and DON'T schedule their baby - as it seems I make plans and then she wants to feed just before I leave the house. Not only feed - but also projectile spit up all over my duvet cover ? Haha. I guess for now I'll just plan on not making plans and sit at home enjoying my little one :)

I couldn't have asked for a better man to go through this whole thing then the one God gave me... Dan has been amazing (as always.) But I've especially noticed it when it's been a terrible night and he'll come down to the living room just to sit with me and give me some support while I'm feeding for what seems like 3 hours straight and all I want to do is sleep. I usually send him back to bed because I feel bad that he has to go to work the next day... But those few minutes are so thoughtful and so precious.. I don't know what I'd do without him.

So here is to another two weeks... Of what I can only imagine will be more craziness. Bring it on. 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats, Rachel (and Dan)! She's beautiful! Love her name too! It's crazy how such a little, tiny person can turn your world upside down, isn't it?! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find the next few weeks a little easier, and your scheduled life will return! Enjoy every minute. Love Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Rachel its sounds like you have an amazing husband by your side and or course a beautiful baby in your arms :) I could not be more happy for you. I wish you and your family all the best. I hope some day down the road we can meet up and catch up on our lives. Even though we don't talk everyday I hope you know I will always consider you a great friend in my life and I will always cherish those crazy times we spent together!
    Love Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear Jess ! I have been creeping your beautiful wedding pictures lately - and am as well soo so happy for you ! (And Chris) it made me reminisce on all our crazy times together - such good memories to look back on. I definitely think of you as such an amazing friend and as well hope we see each other some time in the future and catch up on the years we've been apart. Miss you muchly and wishing you all the best.

      Delete
    2. Don't worry I have been creeping the pictures of your beautiful baby!!!
      We will definitely see each other in the future :)
      Take Care and wishing you and your family all the best as well!!

      Delete
  3. We'll be there soon to help out for the next couple of weeks so you can get a little more sleep and I/we can get some snuggles, cuddles, rocking, bathing, gazing and I suppose a little projectile now + again :)

    It is unbelievable at times how such a tiny dependant person can your world upside down, as Susanne says, and at the same time draw from you such joy, protectiveness + love!!

    I'm thankful to the Lord for providing such a caring, thoughtful husband for you, just as He did for me almost 34 years ago with Dad :)
    Love Mom XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to your visit - and to have someone here to share in all the daily joys of a newborn ! And to have someone to rock her when I feel I'm about to pass out haha.

      Love you xox

      Delete