Wednesday, January 15, 2014

goal for the mind



I often think about Vancouver and all the things I miss. Usually it is friends, family and my church that come to mind… or the mountains, downtown and mild weather. But lately, I’ve missed my passion and TIME for reading.

I would spend about 2 hours a day commuting to and from work, so what else could I do to pass the time ? (Pinterest was not an addiction of mine as of yet)

I’d read a new book every week almost… always keeping my mind busy learning new things.

Well… this is my bookcase.


It's small for a book lover, but for an OCD nut like myself, it causes me anxiety just looking at it. Never mind trying to pick ONE book from amongst them all to start up my long lost hobby.

So the other night I allowed myself to go to the shelf, pick out 12 different books, and insert them into this “mini shelf” that my husband just gave me !



So my goal is to read these 12 books within the year. My secret goal is that I will finish them early and pick through the other titles that fill my “main shelf,” but if I only finish these twelve I will still be pleased with myself.

Here are the titles (In no particular order) :

1.       One Thousand Gifts – Ann Voskamp
2.       The Ultimate Priority – John MacArthur Jr.
3.       Fanny J. Crosby (Autobiography)
4.       Here I Stand (Story about Martin Luther)
5.       The Pastor’s Wife – Sabina Wurmbrand
6.       Behold The Man – Charles Swindoll
7.       Don’t Waste Your Life – John Piper
8.       Finally Alive – John Piper
9.       God is the Gospel – John Piper
10.   The Four Loves – C.S. Lewis
11.   A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 – Phillip Keller
12.   Corrie Ten Boom – Biography

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, was signed in as my husband haha.

    I miss reading too. I really haven't found the time for it since having children... but I hope to get back into it once Asher is out of our room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can imagine with more than one child, especially having a toddler in the house, it would be hard to find the time !! I'm just terrible at prioritizing my time !

      Delete