Friday, December 27, 2013

merry christmas

Well I truly hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Ours was great. Christmas Eve was spent with pizza and gifts at the in laws. We were all so blessed and had a great time. Christmas morning was spent at home with Dan exchanging presents and making some dishes for dinner at the in laws in the afternoon. It's hard being away from both of my "homes" for the holidays. I haven't spent Christmas with my parents in years... mostly because traveling to a cold climate location in the winter especially with Christmas & Canadian flight prices doesn't really interest me. And I don't actually have a "home" in Vancouver to go back to for Christmas haha, sooo I suppose Sarnia will have us every year. Here are a few pictures we got of Adele on Christmas (before having an accident up her back in her "First Christmas" outfit !!







Dan has been off work since Christmas Eve at noon, and Adele and I have loved having him home with us. I'll admit it has been the most lazy of days in our house though as we crunched through Prison Break Season 4... I am SO THANKFUL it is over. Never have to watch the show again. I was absolutely hooked when we watched Season 1 last year... but then we recently got Netflix and I saw Prison Break was on there, I thought I should find out what happened after they got out prison... BIG MISTAKE. Season 2 was almost as good as 1, Season 3 was lame and Season 4 was awful. Anyway, it's over and I will never watch another episode again. Thanks for letting me vent. We did get off the couches today for a while to take Adele for a walk to the post office and banks etc. Here she is sporting her snow suit from Nana !





Now the next couple days are going to be spent CLEANING the house as best I can before my beloved house guests arrive ! One of my best friends that I met while living in Vancouver and her husband are spending Christmas in Quebec with his family... and are coming to visit us in Sarnia for a few days next week before they head home to the wild west ! I am beside myself with excitement as its been a year since I saw them both.

Oh wish me luck... I am such a procrastinator when it comes to cleaning. I have made a to-do list to help motivate me though ;)

2 comments:

  1. Here is a blog post that I really like about cleaning- check it out! :) Shyla
    http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2010/09/08/speed-cleaning/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Shyla that is a great post ! Her whole blog looks amazing.

      Delete