Sunday, December 29, 2013

nicaragua take two

Oh I have been SO excited to write this post.

Last February Dan and I went to visit our friends in Nicaragua for about 12 days, and we LOVED it !

We were about 10 weeks pregnant with Adele and because they had recently had a baby of their own I wanted all the advice I could get - so they were some of the first people we told the news ! (Also because I was tired and nauseous all the time they were likely to get suspicious anyway.)

Dan and I talked about going back because it was the perfect trip. Sunshine + friends + affordable. We just didn't know when...

Then we found out our friends were pregnant again - and due in February ! Well what better time to go than when I can be useful and help out with her toddler and cooking/cleaning etc. (Especially since having a babe of my own, I know how nice it is to have help !)

The real kicker is... I am taking Adele down ALONE for the first three weeks and Dan will join us for the last week. I know I know I'm crazy hahah, but I really want to take advantage of being on maternity leave ! I've only got 7 months left and back to work I go... so this opportunity is rare and needs to be taken.

I am beside myself with excitement as we leave in just over a month. We got our passport photos taken yesterday and Adele's tufts of hair are standing in full force against that white background. Her cheeks and double chin are in no way being discreet either. I'm glad she's too young to have any self consciousness cause this picture is a doozy.

Now the second kicker is... the fact I'm going alone... with a baby, a stroller, a diaper bag and luggage... and I only have TWO hands (unfortunately)... It meant I really needed to figure out how I was going to do it. So I went on a hunt for luggage that was on wheels, but also able to sit on top of my stroller while I carried Adele in the Ergo Carrier. So here is the only piece of luggage I am taking with us (aside from the diaper bag.)

(I only have the sneaker in the photo to properly
show the size of the bag)

Yes, call me crazy. The bag is tiny. And it is a whole month. And it's me. And my baby. What was I thinking ?

Anyway, PLEASE post any and all tips you have for traveling with a 4 month old. And for traveling light, for a month ?
 
I'm sure you'll see a post within the next month showing how I pulled it off, or how I failed big time !

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. LOL -- good luck!!
    XX Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be surprised how many people want to help you when you're carrying a cute baby on the plane! I flew with Serena and Talmadge when they were a few months old and the flight attendants were practically fighting over helping with the baby! Have fun, hope it goes smoothly-Bring snacks for you and stay hydrated so you have energy for a long trip! Hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope I have such kind flight attendants ! That sounds great :) thanks for the advice !

      Delete